Amanda Freed Homes
Amanda Freed Homes
  • Waynesboro, VA

The Mudcloth Pair

$100
Advanced

You can check the full blog post for this project & more pictures ---> HERE

the mudcloth pair

They are boring and very straight forward. Nothing left to the imagination.There really wasn’t anything about them that would make you think, “Ohhh, I can see what these could be.” Even the frame of the chairs was from snoozeville. But I wanted a challenge and to see if I could take something that was so boring to the next level.

the mudcloth pair

Taking them apart was the first item on the makeover to-do list. Removing the cushions from the frames so that the oak could be completely sanded down.

the mudcloth pair

Y'all might be sick of hearing this but I did decided to go with keeping the frames a raw wood.

"Boooo! Again?!"I know! I know!Paint just hasn't been speaking to me much lately but the raw wood look has.

the mudcloth pair

So they were sanded down and sealed with Minwax Polycrylic Water Base Protective Coat in Clear Matte.

I let them dry while I worked on the seat cushions.

the mudcloth pair

I'm sure people will look back at my fabric choices and say the same thing but... I very much doubt this look was ever in style.So I removed all of the old stuff and needed to pick a new fabric for the finished look.I had originally thought about using a faux cowhide but the one I ordered was too small and if I went much bigger in size it would have been to expensive to be worth it.Because the frames are so simple I felt like the pair could easily carry a funky pattern and it not look overbearing. 

the mudcloth pair

I found these newer mudcloths on Etsy and it was getting to a point where I just had to make a decision so I ordered them!It is a very bold, African style pattern. I know its a little different from what y'all usually see from me and super eclectic but thats what I'm kinda going for this year!

the mudcloth pair

I attached all the fabric to the cushions and reattached the cushions to the frames.

the mudcloth pair
the mudcloth pair
the mudcloth pair
the mudcloth pair

Another completed project ready for the Lucketts truck!

the mudcloth pair

the mudcloth pair

And that, Ladies & Gents, is the Mudcloth Pair !

8 Days till the Lucketts Spring Market!

May 17th-19th, 2019

at the Clark County Fairgrounds in Berryville VA!

You can check out the event ---> HERE

Amanda Freed Homes

• Elizabeth

Oh, love this ! Going to explore mud cloth and maybe redo our 2 bedroom chair PLUS create a framed headboard with it

• Margareth Wlodarski

Great job. I would buy that. You’re too far away.