How can a pergola be covered from the rain?

EnjoylifeEmilyJohnavallance82
+1

• Kelli L. Milligan

Awning material, plexiglass, clear corrugated fiberglass panels, glass...

• Johnavallance82

Hi Patricia,

Many ways and materials can be used - also grow fast growing climbers over it. I am doing this at this moment myself. We have fitted Netlon plastic wire netting on top between the rafters and planted various climbers at base of every upright. Ours are in the ground, but you could plant up tubs just as well......

• Emily

We have two pergolas or arbors. If we had wanted rain protection it would have to have been done before the growth of (in this case) the grape vines, you would also have to allow for some slant to the material. I would choose plexiglass a/c not so expensive and would allow some light.

• Enjoylife

I have clear fiberglass panel covering the top. Then I put Amazon basic shower curtain rods extending from one corner to the other (4 in total) and hung clear vinyl shower curtains (Amazon basic $10 each) it will take two curtains for each side. Overlapped the curtains when hanging adds extra weight to curtain keeping them from blowing when windy