How do I clean this please?

Helen VelikansJanisWilliam
+14

How do I clean this please? Started as red cat food vomit stain. Tried white vinegar, no improvement. Tried bi-carb soda which turned it to this dark brown. Don’t know what to do now. Many thanks, Helen

q how do i clean this please
q how do i clean this please
  • Flipturn

I would suggest that you purchase a can of foaming carpet cleaner.

Different brands are available; some with the brush attached.

• Linda

Check into products called citrus magic. I have been hearing good things about them.

• K. Rupp

I use a handheld Bissell cleaner for spot cleaning on a rug. Put a carpet cleaner formula in the machine and spray with the nozzle. Lightly scrub and suck up all the liquid. This is why you can't beat these machines...it sucks out the stain and if you have pets you will want it. It does wonders to remove stains and you can also use this method on upholstery. I have also tried a powder Resolve for removing stains on carpet and have gotten great results as well. Good luck!

• Noni

Oxyclean; they make a 'heavy duty' formula in addition to the regular one (that works absolute wonders on food, barf, and other body-fluid stains, human and four-legged.

• Patty Smith

Spot Shot

• Flipturn

You're welcome.

• Abby Ruth Gribble

I had red Koolaid on my carpet. I called a friend who is a professional carpet cleaner. He said to soak my white carpet with ammonia. Let it sit for five minutes. Take a damp white absorbent hand towel. Get out your iron turn on high. Placed the damp towel over the Stain and iron carefully. The steam will pull up the stain. It worked great white carpet was clean. Yo can repeat if needed.

• Helen Velikans

I've seen this, think it only works for wet stains - this is old and we don't have Koolaid in Australia - thanks

All you need is Hydrogen Peroxide and Dawn dish soap (the blue one is best). CAUTION: Hydrogen Peroxide may cause bleaching to your carpet. Mix 1/4 cup Dawn and 1/4 peroxide in dish. Using a stiff bristle brush, dip into the solution and apply to the stained carpet. Rub light to get the solution into the carpet fibers. Let this sit on the carpet for about 30 minutes and then blot with paper towels to remove all the extra moisture you can. Keep blotting until the area is almost completely dry.

• Janis

Not sure if you can get it but Whippet is amazing on stains!

• Helen Velikans

I'll look into this - thanks