Hanging Rug Basket

$1

I'm going to show you guys why you should hold on to your old rugs... I turned my old rug into two hanging rug baskets and it was so easy... I've had this rug for a couple years and loved the colors and pattern on it, but was ready to turn it into something new. I love how cute these little hanging baskets are and it's such a simple project that anyone can do it.

hanging rug basket
hanging rug basket

This is the rug I started with. It was already washed and just waiting to be used again....

hanging rug basket

I cut the rug in half and made two baskets, but you can use your rug to make one larger basket.

hanging rug basket

Fold the rug and glue the two end pieces together. Glue a small area at a time and press the pieces together. I used a high heat glue gun with permanent glue sticks.

hanging rug basket

Glue the bottom of the rug together.

hanging rug basket

Flip the rug inside out and it should look like this.

hanging rug basket

You can add more glue to reinforce the bottom of your basket.

hanging rug basket

I used a couple of my sons old belts for the handles.

hanging rug basket

hanging rug basket

For my second hanging basket, I folded the top down and glue the handle to the sides.

hanging rug basket
hanging rug basket

These baskets are the perfect way to decorate your home and add storage!

hanging rug basket
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Chris Hale

This is a great idea to use on a hook rug my mother who has passed away made me years ago. I could 2 as gifts for my girls. I'll let you know how it turns out.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

What a sweet idea! I think that's a gift your girls will love and treasure for sure! And yes, I would love to hear how it goes!

• Renee Ramos

I love what you've done with the rugs! Definitely going to try this for craft room storage.