Hanging Rug Basket

$1

I'm going to show you guys why you should hold on to your old rugs... I turned my old rug into two hanging rug baskets and it was so easy... I've had this rug for a couple years and loved the colors and pattern on it, but was ready to turn it into something new. I love how cute these little hanging baskets are and it's such a simple project that anyone can do it.

This is the rug I started with. It was already washed and just waiting to be used again....

I cut the rug in half and made two baskets, but you can use your rug to make one larger basket.

Fold the rug and glue the two end pieces together. Glue a small area at a time and press the pieces together. I used a high heat glue gun with permanent glue sticks.

Glue the bottom of the rug together.

Flip the rug inside out and it should look like this.

You can add more glue to reinforce the bottom of your basket.

I used a couple of my sons old belts for the handles.

For my second hanging basket, I folded the top down and glue the handle to the sides.

These baskets are the perfect way to decorate your home and add storage!

25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Everything Red For Canada Day
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom