Angie Forte
Angie Forte
  • Lascassas, TN

Old Window Frame Repurposed Into Chalkboard Calendar

$25
1 Day

My father-in-law had an old window frame sitting behind his shop. I took it and created this huge chalkboard calendar in less than 24 hours. Very easy project!
chalkboard paint caledar window pane repurpose, chalkboard paint, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Here's an easy DIY project for making a chalkboard calendar.
Using a screwdriver or scraper, carefully remove any old glazing so that the glass panes can be safely removed. The panes can be recycled or kept for future projects.
I used a piece of hardboard, cut to fit the frame, as my chalkboard. It's lightweight and makes hanging easy. Paint the hardboard with 2 coats of chalkboard paint. I used Plaid's Chalkboard Paint. Allow the paint to cure then season with a piece of chalk and you're ready to attach the hardboard to the window frame and add picture hanging brackets to the back.
Don't forget to attach something to hold your chalk! I found this piece of scrap metal that was originally on an old iron. It fits the chalk perfectly. I also attached cup hooks on the side to hang garland, banners, etc. from. You could use a small basket or fabric drawstring bag to hold your chalk too.
Now, find the perfect spot in your home and you're set!!
Angie Forte