Spray Paint Ombre Planters

$10

Have you guys been to IKEA recently? Their spring collection is POPPING! POPPING I tell you! Well, I was in there this past February when they were just starting to roll-out their merchandise and had the opportunity to snag a few things. I thought I’d start unveiling some DIYs for the various outdoor spaces – enter the spray paint ombre planters.

spray paint ombre planters

Materials

• IKEA planters in various colours starting at $1.49
  • Leca pellets
  • Cactus and Succulent Soil Mix
  • Krylon Spray paint
  • Succulents & Cacti
  • Garden gloves  & Mini gardening tools

Step 1: Chose your color combos for the planters. I used complimentary tones for each pot and then at least one contrasting color to create a range.

spray paint ombre planters

Step 2: Once your colour selections are made, get to spraying!

To get the ombre look you’ll start with one color and spray a ring around the bottom of the planter. Set it upside down to dry, and move on to the next planters.

spray paint ombre planters

Step 3: By the time the first ring is dry on the planters you can add the second ring. Spraying the next color in a way as to overlap with the bottom color will create the ombre look.

spray paint ombre planters

Repeat for all planters before moving on to the 3rd ring. I left the 3rd ring off one or two of them, and in one case I inverted the planters so that the paint drips would run the other way. Enjoy! and don’t forget to decorate with them  I’ve noticed a definite change in the tone of the rooms the plants are in.

spray paint ombre planters
Ariel

• Kristina

Absolutely. What plants or succulents are best for shaded front porch area?

• Thea

As mentioned elsewhere, I love your general style. Please post more projects.