Spray Paint Ombre Planters

$10

Have you guys been to IKEA recently? Their spring collection is POPPING! POPPING I tell you! Well, I was in there this past February when they were just starting to roll-out their merchandise and had the opportunity to snag a few things. I thought I’d start unveiling some DIYs for the various outdoor spaces – enter the spray paint ombre planters.

Materials

• IKEA planters in various colours starting at $1.49
  • Leca pellets
  • Cactus and Succulent Soil Mix
  • Krylon Spray paint
  • Succulents & Cacti
  • Garden gloves  & Mini gardening tools

Step 1: Chose your color combos for the planters. I used complimentary tones for each pot and then at least one contrasting color to create a range.

Step 2: Once your colour selections are made, get to spraying!

To get the ombre look you’ll start with one color and spray a ring around the bottom of the planter. Set it upside down to dry, and move on to the next planters.

Step 3: By the time the first ring is dry on the planters you can add the second ring. Spraying the next color in a way as to overlap with the bottom color will create the ombre look.

Repeat for all planters before moving on to the 3rd ring. I left the 3rd ring off one or two of them, and in one case I inverted the planters so that the paint drips would run the other way. Enjoy! and don’t forget to decorate with them  I’ve noticed a definite change in the tone of the rooms the plants are in.

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Ariel

• Kristina

Absolutely. What plants or succulents are best for shaded front porch area?

• Thea

As mentioned elsewhere, I love your general style. Please post more projects.

• Ariel

thanks :) I've also got tons over on my blog! Make sure to come check me out there