How to make my unfinished basement look like it's not an eyesore?

Emy Flint | Semigloss DesignR.A.Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+1

How can I get my unfinished basement make ready for sale of my house on a low budget and not much time?

• Nancy Turner

Perhaps paint the existing walls and perhaps the floor in a neutral color. The buyers, if they are going to finish it will then be able to finish as they want. Stick with neutral in a lighter shade to brighten it up. This will allow them to see the potential of the basement without seeing something they might not like.

• Don't bother. Just make sure it is as clean and clutter free as it can be. The new owners can choose to finish it as they wish.

• R.A.

There are only two small windows in the basement and just always looks dark in there so using the light colored paint makes great sense to me. Thank you

• A clean basement will look like storage potential to the prospective homeowners. Just make sure it's clean and well lit.