Sonia
Sonia
  • Canada

How to decorate this wall?

Judy in Canton.Fiddledd224Jacqueline Palmer Mueller
+3

q how to decorate this wall
  • Cheryl Williamsen

If you own & don’t rent, I’d paint the casing of the AC unit, to match the wall.

If you rent, you could paint cardstock the wall color & tape it on.

Because the TV dominates the area, you could put another same-size picture on the left side of the TV.

I would stain both the frames to match the TV “stand”.

• Add art around the TV to make a gallery wall. It makes the TV feel like part of the art wall.

• Robyn Garner

I'd raise the curtains to the ceiling, perhaps extending the rod and adding one on the adjacent wall so it appears as though there's a corner window. It's very dark in this room! I would make changes to that if you own.

Add a floor lamp behind the chair. Try to find a taller light for the side table. Have you considered painting the tv stand? That would go far to updating and lightening up the space. I agree with Cheryl about painting the a/c and to put a picture the same size to the left. I would not add more dark paint/stain though! How about a bright, abstract print to again lighten the space and bring some "life" in.

• Jacqueline Palmer Mueller

Yes, either paint the AC unit the same color as the wall. You could even use removable vinyl in the same color. A large clock would be nice. Something to draw the eye seat from the AC unit but not compete with artwork on the other side of the TV. Even a floating shelves with tchotchkes (vase, trinkets) on it.

• Fiddledd224

I would paint the AC unit to blend in with the wall and that's it. Then the focus is on the TV.. Sometimes we "overdecorate" just because there is blank space-----you CAN enjoy the negative space as much as an adorned one.

• Judy in Canton.

I would consider putting the tv and stand on wall under the AC. Cover the AC as suggested above. Put a narrow storage seat on wall that TV was on.