How to clean the urine stains on grout in the bathroom?

+4

I live in a male dominated house. I cannot get the urine stains out of the grout around the toilet base.. I have tried cleanser, bleach and hard scrubbing . Looks as if I may have to replace the grout around the toilet. Any suggestions before I resort to replacing?

• Coniferguy Coniferguy on May 11, 2019

Lish

Check at your local Home Depot or Lowes for something called TSP( tri sodium phosphate). Should be in the paint dept. It is like a wall paper remover but a very strong cleaner too. Please use gloves and have the vent fan on. Check with the guys in the tiling section too, Don't be ashamed, believe me, they get asked all kinds of questions. That's what they are there for. Note: You'd be surprised some I've asked them. LOL. Good luck from a father with a son that had lots of friends,

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on May 11, 2019

I'd suggest that whatever cleaning product you use that these men be the ones to use it...or they'll continue their dastardly ways! LOL

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on May 11, 2019

I have a friend who was a foster mom to lots of boys. Her house rule was everyone sits to pee! ;)

• Dfm Dfm on May 11, 2019

you can get sealers for the grout- they come in colors- you paint grout with them.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on May 12, 2019

Hello .....have you tried thIs?

Painted Tile Grout Refresh with grout pen

https://www.blesserhouse.com/painted-tile-grout-refresh/