How to remove carpet stains?

ChazBetsyAnn
+2

• K. Rupp

I use a handheld Bissell cleaner for spot cleaning on a rug. Put a carpet cleaner formula in the machine and spray with the nozzle. Lightly scrub and suck up all the liquid. It does wonders to remove stains and you can also use this method on upholstery. I have also tried a powder Resolve for removing stains on carpet and have gotten great results as well. Good luck!

• Tinyshoes

Pat.....We use Blue Magic that we purchase from AutoZone. I do understand that Walmart carries now but have not looked.

• Ann

Depends on the stain. If oil based mix a bit of Dawn soap and Lemon Juice. Spray on but don't saturate. Let sit about 5 minutes and blot with dry towels or clesn rags. If a wine or other food type, lemon juice and baking soda substituted for dawn. Then clean as above.

Hi Pat: I have nearly white carpeting (I know, what was I thinking?) and most carpets come with some sort of stain protectant. Before using any products on my carpet, I try using a white cloth, like a wash cloth, small towel, etc. and get it moist with cool water. Then I blot and scrub a bit. If that doesn't work, then I use warm water. No luck? I use a spray bottle and put in 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp. of Dawn dish soap, and fill with water. Spray area liberally, not soaking wet, and let sit for 5-10 minutes and then proceed with blotting with a clean, dry towel until the stain is removed. Good luck

• Chaz

This is a homemade recipe to try out of sight first because some carpets require certain cleaning products Like sofas ? so here is a recipe if you might want to try; 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar , 2 tablespoons of salt , 2 tablespoons of borax mix together and do your blotting the stains your way and see if it works for you.