Metal Caddy Makeover

$25

After finding this cute metal caddy on the clearance shelves I knew I had to have it and I knew I'd find a use for it.

Once I got it home I decided it needed a paint job.  I like the rustic metal look , but wanted to make this more beachy/coastal. Using some  white spray paint and some  seaglass aqua spray paint from my garage, I painted the outside white and the inside aqua.

I wrote our last name (House) on both sides of the caddy using a paint pen. If you have never used a paint pen, you are missing out. They are great. 

What I decided to do with it…

After it got a paint job I decided it’d make a great planter. I headed to Hobby Lobby to find some faux succulents and bought this package of moss too.

Making the faux arrangement…

First, I filled the caddy half way up with sand, using left over sand we had in the garage from when we built our Tiki Bar.

Next, I started placing the succulents into the sand.

Once I was happy with how the succulents looked, I added moss and some shells (I have a million shells in the house) and arranged them until they looked good. This is how it ended up.

And that’s it! This was so easy to make and looks really cute! If you follow me regularly you know I love a good quick and easy project and this couldn’t have been easier.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
The House house

• Joy Coombs

You should have wrote: beach house or cottage, or plants, even tools. House? Why? Otherwise, cute idea.

• Jeannette

you may have missed - that the author's last name is "House"......ie--if your last name had been Smith/Jones, etc...I probably would have put it-on our front steps--as an identifier --

• Goldbeargirl

Simple, cute and fun! I love it - great repurpose!!

• Llc

What's really great about this is that it is easily transferrable. Just as you did....from inside in the kitchen, to out next to the pool. REALLY, REALLY ADORABLE!!!! AND.....the colors are PERFECT for next to the pool!!!