How to make environmentally friendly outside window cleaning solution?

Lynn SorrellNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAGk
+2

Clean my windows outside without killing my plants?

• Tinyshoes

Arlene...I use vinegar and water.... it has never bothered my plants.

• Cubfan

Vinegar and water

• Gk

Vinegar, water, and a small drop of liquid dish soap. I use a sponge with a scratch free side to apply and wadded up newspaper to dry.

• Vinegar and water is what I have always used.

• Lynn Sorrell

cleaning the whole window do the frames,sills,tracks with dawn dish & hot water and soft brush rinse & dry, then do glass with alcohol. this is great for all glass,mirrors,auto,shower,pictures etc..Straight Rubbing/Isopropyl alcohol and clean white wash cloth no fabric softener on it (leaves streaks/smears) & no paper towels they are treated with chemicals to increase absorbtion leaves streaks & smears(paper towels are expensive and kill lots of trees to make);pour alcohol on cloth & wipe glass. wipe inside one direction-vertically, the otherside -horizontally this way you can tell which side you have missed something. Rubbing alcohol evaporates asap and is basically what is in window cleaners minus chemicals and blueing agent & it is much cheaper.