How to Transform an Dull Bench Seat Into a Pretty Garden Must Have!

$3

A few months ago on the way home from work I saw some discarded furniture dumped in an alley, including this dirty but sturdy bench seat. I found it too irresistible to not rescue as I could see it was just calling me to transform and make use of again!

Street find!

I began the project with a damp cloth clean over and then used a deep blue Unicorn spit Stain and gel to colour the wooden frame.

Unicorn Spit Gel & Stain onto frame

I spray with water a little to make it easier to spread and to give even coverage.

Spray water with Unicorn Spit gel stain

I continue to spread the wooden frame with a sponge applicator as I find this easier to get into all areas.

Covering with Unicorn Spit stain &Gel
Cover with blue Unicorn Spit Stain &Gel

After it is dry which is in a few minutes I use acrylic paint pens to draw a trailing leaf design along the wood in various places.

Draw leaf design with acrylic paint pens

I continue to design this on the frame to bring the piece to life!

Using paint pens to draw design

I draw a white flower pattern on various parts of front and sides to contrast and develop this garden seat into something people now want to sit on!

Painting flowers on bench seat

I am using this in a covered area that’s away from the elements but you could protect with a sealant.

I am so proud of the brought to life bench seat which now is perfect to sit in the morning sun with a cuppa!

Garden Bench Seat Makeover

• Eastedie

Wow! What a rescue and beautifully done. I probably would have driven by, but you had a vision & talent! Way to g o, girl!

• Laura

Very creative. I admire people who can find old beat up things and fix them up.