The room before.
Geometric Feature Wall
Create a DIY feature wall like this one in less than 15 steps. Full details and extra tips are on the blog, but I'll break down the basic steps here. It's surprisingly much easier than it looks!
- Measure and mark the studs.
- Measure and cut your plywood using a circular saw.
- Sand your plywood and 1x2s or feature wall boards.
- Stain your plywood.
- Hang the plywood by nailing into the studs.
- Plan your feature wall. I like to plan it out using Adobe Illustrator, but you can even plan it out using tape or graph paper.
- Stain your 1x2s or feature wall boards.
- Cut your first 1-5 boards using a miter saw.
- If you are framing your wall or a window, I would recommend starting with these boards for step 10.
- Nail your boards into the wall.
- Continue cutting and nailing until you have installed your entire feature wall.
- If you stained your wall, skip to step 14. If you are painting, you need to apply caulk to all the areas that a board meets your wall.
- Once your caulk dries, it’s time to paint your wall!
- If you stained your wall, you have the option of applying a sealer, but it’s not required.
The wall after putting just the plywood up.
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go