Geometric Feature Wall

$150

Create a DIY feature wall like this one in less than 15 steps. Full details and extra tips are on the blog, but I'll break down the basic steps here. It's surprisingly much easier than it looks!

1. Measure and mark the studs.
  2. Measure and cut your plywood using a circular saw.
  3. Sand your plywood and 1x2s or feature wall boards.
  4. Stain your plywood.
  5. Hang the plywood by nailing into the studs.
  6. Plan your feature wall. I like to plan it out using Adobe Illustrator, but you can even plan it out using tape or graph paper.
  7. Stain your 1x2s or feature wall boards.
  8. Cut your first 1-5 boards using a miter saw.
  9. If you are framing your wall or a window, I would recommend starting with these boards for step 10.
  10. Nail your boards into the wall.
  11. Continue cutting and nailing until you have installed your entire feature wall.
  12. If you stained your wall, skip to step 14. If you are painting, you need to apply caulk to all the areas that a board meets your wall.
  13. Once your caulk dries, it’s time to paint your wall!
  14. If you stained your wall, you have the option of applying a sealer, but it’s not required.

The room before.

The wall after putting just the plywood up.

Zoe Hunt

• Tom Lea Zinter

Oh my gosh!! That’s the most beautiful wall I’ve ever seen! I wish I could get my husband to do that, but we’re 76 years old! Want to come to Peru to do it? Oh, man is that beautiful!

• Lisa

Beautiful! I love it. But we have wood doors in our bedroom and they are so hard to dust. What is your secret? Thanks so much!

• Trudi

It looks beautiful. But my "I hate house work" side jumped up and said, and your going to clean all the dust out of those wood grooves? Wonder what it would look like with the wood put up in different directions so that it was all flush? Because it sure is pretty and love the window seat with drawers.

• Scarlette Sarah Elkins

About how much in wood do you think that would cost ?

• Debra LoCicero

Love this but how do I pin it ?

• Susie Harrelson

I would love to do something similar to this. The problem lies in my lack of knowledge in using various kinds of tools ! So , this would be especially difficult for me, lol ! Also , there isn't someone that I am aware of , that would be willing to teach me how to work with some of these tools ! I do have a small bag of tools and some basic knowledge in how to operate them . I don't have a real place for doing this type of thing either , lol ❗😏 🤔 Hmmmm , I might run into some problems ..... What do you think ? ⁉️☺️