Portable Garage Storage Shelves

$125
1 Day

Recently, one of the band members at my church reached out to see if I could come up with something that they could store their equipment in when the church was being used for events. As we started to firm up the design I realized that this would be great for so many other applications including portable garage storage shelves. It was a super simple build that cost only about $125 (not including the 1×6 siding) and could easily be customized for so many different purposes. Some of the other ideas I came up with were,

• Storage for lots of totes – Add another shelf or two
  • Storage for outdoor/hunting – Add a clothes rod
  • Mudroom Lockers – Add vertical dividers and hooks
  • Workbench – Move shelf to 36″ off ground, add peg board, lights, power strip, etc.

Whatever you do make sure to customize it for your needs and post a photo in the comments to give everyone else ideas!

We ended up cladding the sides and back of our unit in 1×6 pine so that it would be stored with the open side against the wall and look nice from the back.

If you love this stuff as much as we do, you might want to consider following us on Instagram where we post sneak peeks and behind the scenes stuff in our stories. Also, did you know you can get tons of projects plans from all around the web when you follow us on Facebook  and Pinterest!

Full Project Video

Wanna see how it all came together? Check out the full project video below and don’t forget to subscribe on YouTube so you won’t miss future videos!

Dimensions

Cut List

How to build a Portable Garage Storage ShelvesIf you decide to take on this project I highly recommend you download the printable PDF below to have with you during the build. To do so just click the button below and subscribe to get weekly updates. In return I’ll instantly email you the PDF for free! It’s a win-win.

Qty 2 – 3/4″ x 49″ x 97″ MDF

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Rogue Engineer

• Ru

This is a very useful design. As you say it can be beneficial in so many ways. Keep up the good ideas.

• Joe

Great build! How do I get the PDF? I am trying to find where to click to subscribe... Help!