Rose Smith
Rose Smith
  • United States
Asked 3 days ago

How to I get rid of this weed in my garden?

Brain ShakerBetsyNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+11

Does anyone know what this very invasive weed is and how do I get rid of it.

q help getting rid of this weed in my garden
  • Bob

Smoke it

• Bob

Smoke it

Hi Rose: Get a product called ground clear, it kills everything! You can get it at most home improvement stores. Then, put some in a small can and paint the undersides of the leaves with this, using a small foam brush. Be sure not to get the ground clear on anything else because it, too, will die. The plant will take the poison to the roots, through the leaves, and kill just this plant - if you are careful not to get the ground clear on anything else. You can use this method on any plant you want to get rid of. If you are worried about the leaves touching your other plants, cut the unwanted plant short, leaving several leaves, paint the leaves with the ground clear and then cover it with a plastic bag and secure it to the ground. That way, even the wind won't blow the poisoned vine onto your other plants. Good luck with this, invasive plants are the worst!

If you are, or you know someone who is, diabetic, ask for one of their used needles, fill it with the ground clear and inject it, in a downwards direction, directly into the vine. Then, be sure to dispose of the needle properly. Good luck

• Toby

Get some gardening vinegar. Mix is 10 to 1 or there about with water. Spray all the green. . Repeat in a week. Repeat until it is all gone!

• Morgan McBride

Your best bet is pulling them by the roots.

• Rose Smith

Too much and often the root system does not come out. Also some of it is in an area that is not easy to reach.

• Dig it out. I am not a fan of pulling plants out as roots can be left behind. This is small, will only take a minute!

Speaking of pulling stuff out by the roots, a lot of people, me included:(, make the mistake of shaking the dirt off of the roots before depositing the plant in the yard waste bag. Sometimes there are corms, tubers or seeds in that dirt and you are just replanting that darn thing you are trying to get rid of. So, in this instance, don't shake:) Also, don't put the plant in the compost, you are just planting it in a different place. Yeah, I learn from my mistakes ~ sometimes:)

• Brain Shaker
    30 minutes ago

Hi I dont know the name of the weed, but you may find this post helpful: https://www.hometalk.com/43299149/all-natural-weed-killer