Morgan McBride
Morgan McBride
  • Charleston, SC

How to Organize Craft Supplies

$100
1 Day

Do you love to craft? I do! I love it so much that I have accumulated a ton of crafting supplies. So, I decided to turn the linen closet in my condo into a craft supply closet. Woo hoo! I didn't want to spend a ton of money on canisters (gotta save that money for craft supplies) so I got crafty and made my own!

how to organize craft supplies

Step one is to take everything out. no judgment if you are a hoarder like me! take this as an opportunity to purge old stuff and, you know, the bag of 10,000 teeny fabric scraps.

how to organize craft supplies

Measure your space and draw it out. Decide on heights for shelves and make a list of supplies needed (length of boards and number of shelves and brackets)

how to organize craft supplies

Take this as an opportunity to paint if needed. I just used leftover paint from another room.

how to organize craft supplies

Add shelves! I used simple melamine shelves and metal brackets from Lowes.

how to organize craft supplies

Repeat until complete

how to organize craft supplies

Decide what to put back. Thought you'd like this picture of my STASH

how to organize craft supplies

Like I said I didn't want to buy a bunch of containers. So, I hoarded empty K-Cup boxes from work. I cut the top off at an angle and wrapped them in solid pink wrapping paper. I even added a label. I used square labels but then cut them in a circle with my XL hole punch just to be extra!

how to organize craft supplies

Here's how it looked done. SO ORGANIZED and so satisfying!

how to organize craft supplies

Don't forget to use the back of the door, too!

• Shelves
  • Brackets
  • Paint

Morgan McBride

• I just now have my sewing room completely torn apart! Great inspiration! I got to get to the trash!!

• Ashley

Love this idea...If only my stash would fit in a closet lol...I have so much that I'm literally having a hard time organizing a 10x14 room full...I'm pretty sure I'm ultimately doomed to failure lol...🤦‍♀️

• Candice Gollam
      30 minutes ago

Gosh I was thinking the same thing. I have a huge room and shelves and very large table w shelves and I still do not have room to keep it nice. I am constantly trying to tidy up because it just doesn’t look organized anymore. I need help lol. This is when it’s clean and when I just finished working on it. I keep adding to my collection....you know...i sew, sewing machine and material. Cricut... it can use a lot of stuff.... cuddle bug..all the plates. I draw.... I paint.... I JUST NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP....lol