Pj
Pj

How to stop squirrels getting into plants & eating wicker furniture?

PjKmdreamerCheryl A
+2

• Karen

I use cayenne pepper for my plants. Sprinkle liberally on the plant and soil, it won't hurt the plant.

• Redcatcec

Hi Pj,

For container plants and somewhat in the garden I stop the squirrels from digging by placing broken ceramic pieces, flat stones, seashells...anything to stop the digging, There is little you can do about them grabbing your crops that are appealing to them, they take 1 bite and run down the driveway with the tomatoes whether or not they have been treated with cayenne pepper.

For the wicker, is there something you can wrap around it that is a disguise? Or cover it up with?

• Kmdreamer

Moth balls

• Pj

I was also said that squirrels don't like the scent of cinnamon so I took some cinnamon powder put it in water boiled it along with some spoons cinnamon sticks use the fluid from that and sprayed it along the edge of the patio and furniture