Hot Tub Privacy Fence

$200

I have been hounding my husband for eight years for us to get a hot tub. We had one at the last house but he insisted he didn’t want to move it. So it only took me eight years to talk him into getting one. The only problem was I lived in the city now it’s a privacy was not something I had.

Large pavers from old patio
Large pavers from old patio

Once we actually committed and purchase the new hot tub it was time to figure out placement. We had just recently got a new patio and the old large pavers were piled in a section of the yard I figured they’d be perfect. This was a two weekend deal because the first time we did the layout we sloped it thinking the runoff would be better. But once the spa got here we realize that it had to be completely level so we move the spot and re-leveled all of these pavers. Lesson learned do not slope it for runoff!

The spa has arrived
The spa has arrived

Here is the new spot ready to be put in place. As you can see behind it is the neighbors fence. Which was a short one and they could literally walk up it and look over. I personally did not want to be seen in my bathing suit by the neighbors so privacy fence was in order.

Filling the spa
Filling the spa

Here is my husband putting in the water in the spa luckily for me I have a son who is an electrician and he wired it all up for me. But yet again as you can see in the background my husband has many toys a bobcat or Yamaha rhino, mowers you name it. I was tired of staring at it all, so the privacy fence would also help from having to look at the ugly toys .

Adding posts
Adding posts

We ran down to the local hardware store and got five treated 4 x 4 x10 foot posts and went to work digging leveling and setting them. The fence panels that we purchased were only 6 foot tall but we knew we needed some more height so we raised them a foot and a half.

Raising fence panels
Raising fence panels

The next day when the fence post concrete was set, It was time to attach the fence panels. Like I said earlier the fence panels were only 6 foot tall but we needed more high to add that extra privacy of the homes behind us for a little higher above ground. Living in cold weather climate we also wanted to be able to shovel snow and what have you so raising it a foot and a half made sense. Rather than go low and cut the top post off we went high left A foot and a half below that would help when the snow weather came. And I don’t know about you but I don’t care people see my feet when I’m in my bathing suit

Our little spa area
Our little spa area

I still have a lot to do. I need to do the cover over the of spa and do something to the ground area but so far I super love it.

Privacy fence.
Privacy fence.

We left a large opening as I didn’t want to close it in, I still needed to be able to see the chickens and if we ever needed to move the spot out of the area we needed that space. But it’s perfect the RV covers with the fence panel doesn’t.

Final project
Final project

As you can see it also gives us our patio a little privacy too. We actually cut one panel in half to give us a large section for this area and a smaller for the other side.

Fence complete
Fence complete

I still have so much more I want to do in this area but for now I love it for $175 in materials. I am sure I will be posting many more projects from my little spa area but right now let me know what you think. Thank you for letting me share my privacy fence. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Added solar lights
Added solar lights

Added this at night fun with added solar lights.

• Susan

I think it’s all wonderful and I hope you have many hours of peace and relaxation with your family out there. My son has one and we love it!

• Ellis

The solar lights are an inspired touch. They really make the space seem festive.