Jessica
Jessica
Asked 4 hours ago

I found this in my yard is this a flower or bush?

Debbie / Dragonfly TreasureLaurie LedbetterRobyn Garner
+4

q i found this in my yard is this a flower or bush
  • Cheryl A
    4 hours ago

hard to tell from this photo but it looks like leaves of a rose bush

• Alice
    3 hours ago

Your pictures a little too blurry to tell for sure but the leaves look like rose bud leaves.

2 hours ago

Hi Jessica: Google says it's most likely a rose. It could be a wild climbing rose, they crop up everywhere!

O.k., here's a site that you will be crazy about. Well, I am:)

https://images.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl

That's a reverse image search. Google's reverse image search is a breeze on a desktop computer. Go to images.google.com, click the camera icon (), and either paste in the URL for an image you've seen online, upload an image from your hard drive, or drag an image from another window.

You can find loads of stuff. I spend way too much time looking to see what things are:)

Good luck

• Robyn Garner
    2 hours ago

It's a rose. Clean out the weeds surrounding it and break up the soil as best you can without disturbing the roots of the rose. They are temperamental and don't like being disturbed once they are in place.

Add some good garden/flower soil. Don't go too cheap if you want him to grow up to be a big happy boy with lots of blooms lol! Add the soil to what you have in place. Mix the new soil into the top 2-4" of existing dirt and then top it all off with 2-3" of the new. Bring the level up just a tiny bit from the rose (it looks like he' sitting a little low). Put some organic mulch down. Fertilize with Miracle Grow every 2-4 weeks. You can do a big prune when the temperature drops to freezing or in the spring, trying to get to him before anything really sprouts. Otherwise, you can feel free to snip back things as necessary or cut off a branch that suddenly zooms 2' from the rest! Deadheading will help him sprout more buds.

Roses don't mind getting a bit dried out and can tolerate sun and heat. You'll know if he needs water - he will look a bit sad, maybe a couple of crispy leaf edges. Water the soil, not the rose bush from the top as they don't like having the leaves sitting wet. Weekly watering is usually enough. Two inches of water a week (4 to 5 gallons) may be all that is needed. If the soil is sandy or the garden is hot, dry, or windy, more frequent watering may be necessary.

Watch for aphids or other pests. And watch for diseases like powdery mildew or black spot.

He looks like a good strong baby ready to give you lots of bushy stems and then flowers!

https://www.thespruce.com/formula-for-growing-rose-bushes-2132676

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/rose-deadheading.htm

• Laurie Ledbetter
    An hour ago

looks like a rose to me

• I agree it's a rose!