Essential Oil Car Air-freshener

$5

My husband is a hunter, now I don’t know if this goes for all hunters or just him specifically.. but his truck can get REAL stinky. We’ve been enjoying essential oils in our home and I decided to use them in our cars too with this super simple DIY car freshener.

This DIY is so so simple. You’ll just need a glass jar with a lid, a nail, a hammer, some baking soda, and Essential Oil(s) of your choice. Optional- scrapbook paper to cover your lid.

I started by nailing holes into my lid.

Next, I traced the lid onto my scrapbook paper (I chose some that looked like white marble). Once you’ve cut your paper to the size of the lid, I attached it with mod podges. Once it was on, I used my nail to poke the holes in my lid through the paper as well.

Here’s a shot of the top of my jar.

Next, put some baking soda in your jar. Then add drops of your EO and mix them together.

For my husbands truck I used his favorite blend ‘peace and calming’. I did about 20 drops.

For my car I used my homemade anthro blend (which smells exactly like the anthro volcano candle)

Now, just put it in your car and Enjoy!

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps

• Larry Lewis

How much baking soda? 1/4 cup 1/2 cup?

• Nikki | thebuckbungalow

Baking soda helps eliminate odors by itself, and the essential oils are added to give it a nice smell 😊

• Kim

Is there a new car scent EO?

• List maker

I will try this but I like the Italian perfume Il Bacio and Freesia lotions from Bath and Body. Do you have any idea if I stirred that in baking soda would I be wasting my expensive products?

• Nikki | thebuckbungalow

I honestly can’t say for sure. I would think the perfume would work well because if the liquid consistency similar to essential oils... I hope that’s somewhat helpful!

• Mary

Where in the car do you place this?

Can the glass jar be a danger in vehicle?

I know it's said not to put essential oils in plastic , right?

• Elizabeth Roy

Great idea for home too! Thanks for sharing!