Essential Oil Car Air-freshener

$5

My husband is a hunter, now I don’t know if this goes for all hunters or just him specifically.. but his truck can get REAL stinky. We’ve been enjoying essential oils in our home and I decided to use them in our cars too with this super simple DIY car freshener.

essential oil car air freshener

This DIY is so so simple. You’ll just need a glass jar with a lid, a nail, a hammer, some baking soda, and Essential Oil(s) of your choice. Optional- scrapbook paper to cover your lid.

essential oil car air freshener

I started by nailing holes into my lid.

essential oil car air freshener

Next, I traced the lid onto my scrapbook paper (I chose some that looked like white marble). Once you’ve cut your paper to the size of the lid, I attached it with mod podges. Once it was on, I used my nail to poke the holes in my lid through the paper as well.

essential oil car air freshener

Here’s a shot of the top of my jar.

essential oil car air freshener

Next, put some baking soda in your jar. Then add drops of your EO and mix them together.

For my husbands truck I used his favorite blend ‘peace and calming’. I did about 20 drops.

For my car I used my homemade anthro blend (which smells exactly like the anthro volcano candle)

essential oil car air freshener

Now, just put it in your car and Enjoy!

• Larry Lewis

How much baking soda? 1/4 cup 1/2 cup?

• Nikki | thebuckbungalow

Baking soda helps eliminate odors by itself, and the essential oils are added to give it a nice smell 😊

• Kim

Is there a new car scent EO?

• List maker

I will try this but I like the Italian perfume Il Bacio and Freesia lotions from Bath and Body. Do you have any idea if I stirred that in baking soda would I be wasting my expensive products?

• Nikki | thebuckbungalow

I honestly can’t say for sure. I would think the perfume would work well because if the liquid consistency similar to essential oils... I hope that’s somewhat helpful!

• Stacey

Found some cute glass jars and I didn't know what to do with them.

Now I have the perfect use for them.

Thanks for posting!!

Stacey

• Tsquillacote

I like this idea I’m just confused as I use baking soda to take odors away. Therefore I am wondering Does using baking soda affect the project?