Snood Stool

$28

I was wanting to add a small natural style stool to my living room but didn’t want to pay over $50.

Kmart had the perfect size stool that I wanted and it was only $16- but unfortunately it was in a grey colour.

snood stool

So while I was still in Kmart I spotted a beautiful natural coloured snood that had a gorgeous fringed edge!

snood stool

I bought the snood (or infinity scarf) for $12 and decided to hand stitch it onto the stool!

I used a large wool needle and twine which was easy to thread through the crotchet fabric on the stool.

snood stool

Firstly I had to cut a piece off the snood for the top section and hand stitch that on!

snood stool

Secondly , I folded the rest of the snood fabric so that the width of the snood matched the width of the stool.

I made sure that the fringe hung over the edge of the base before stitching that piece on!

snood stool
snood stool

Now I have a small natural looking stool that blends in with the rest of my decor and only cost $28.

snood stool

• Sandy

Where are you able to find an actual brick and mortar KMart? Almost every one in NYS has been closed, unfortunately.

• Ann

There's a K-Mart in Horseheads, NY (along the southern tier)