Asked on May 18, 2019

What is best way to stop erosion going under my fence?

Karen BrunckBijous


My yard has a slant down to my wooden fence. My neighbor has built up an area that makes water come over on me and then under my fence. What to do.

2 answers
  • Bijous
    on May 18, 2019

    Hi Suzi. You can drive galvanized steel edging into the ground on the property line between you and the neighbor. That will cause the water to run down their property -- or back up onto it. Shame on them for doing this to you!

    • Suzi
      on May 18, 2019

      Thank you so much. I have tried to work with him but he has anger issues and I really don't know what is best.

      Thank you again for your response.

  • Karen Brunck
    on May 18, 2019

    Hi Suzi. If you're friendly with your neighbors, explain to them what is happening and if they're willing to remedy the situation from their side. If not, you could do as Bijous said, or take advantage of the surplus water and create a drybed into your landscape along the line by trenching where you want the water to travel. Add some rocks and plants for your own personal enjoyment.😊

    • Karen Brunck
      on May 18, 2019

      I'm sorry your neighbor is a jerk. If you dig down a a little as 6 inches, lay some landscape fabric into the trench, then fill with assorted sized rocks, it will keep it from flowing over and out. Good luck!😊

Your comment...