How to install a remote control private patio covering?

Joy30150932Kimberlie ZapienKelli L. Milligan

Do you have information on how to install or have installed a cost effective remote control private type covering for outside patio and bar?

• Kelli L. Milligan

There are several on the market with various prices. Depends on how big and sturdy you need. Google retractable awning co in your area and get quotes. Not really a DIY project.

• Kimberlie Zapien

I would just call around & find the most affordable one.

• Joy30150932

The better quality ones will come with a guarantee and should be installed professionally since they have a motor that requires attaching. They are usually made much better too with a heavier fabric and so would be more expensive. Figure out the annual fee of having it up, say for ten years, and see if that is something you can afford. Mine has been up for close to 30 years and I turned it around end for end once to get rid of the weathered, but not torn, portion at the front. I also had to change out the arms and the motor did go after 10 years so I now have a manual pole that is very easy to use. I also changed the valance which took the brunt of the winds and which started to fray. Hope this helps you to make your decision.