Gail
Gail
  • Billings, MT

How to get rid of raw sewer smell from sinks?

MaryMarion Nesbitt

We moved into an older house last year and sometimes ( most of the time) the bathroom sink smells just like a sewer. Especially when we turn the water on. My daughter almost throws up every morning when she brushes her teeth. It turns my stomach and I feel like I can smell it all day. PLEASE HELP!! THANK YOU

• Marion Nesbitt

I'd phone a plumber. May something goes with your trap or stack. I had sewer smell on a main floor bath. Had to run water in the bathroom above to get rid of it.

• Mary

your sewer lines needs cleared out, if in the city. If on septic tank, your tank needs emptied

• Gail

What I was kinda afraid of. There's standing water in one of the drains in the basement too. I m sure it's all connected. Do you know if the city takes care of cleaning the pipes or do I have to?? Thanks so much for the info. Really appreciate it!