Janna Lynch
Janna Lynch
  • Harrisburg, PA

What is the best paint to use on an outside concrete patio?

Janna LynchPeggy BurnetteKatie Nadea
+2

I want to "paint" a rug onto my patio. The concrete is rather rough, but I still think I can do it. Also, is a sealer recommended ? Thanks!

• Gk

Here's some info for you Janna. A clear cement/garage floor sealer is recommended int his article. https://www.instructables.com/id/Concrete-Rug

• Katie Nadea

I went to Sherwin Williams and bought their water based concrete paint, had a roller with long handle, pour the paint on and roll it out. You can see the before and after concrete as I did not do my walkway. I did not use any sealer, one patio has roof, side porch is open both get morning sun. The color choices are amazing. I also had vinyl siding and orange brick which was a challenge to color match, so I painted the almond vinyl the same grey blue and the shutters a Midnight blue against the orange brick, the wood posts were a redwood stain and I darkened that with their water based blue/grey stain, really brightened the house up. Take a picture of your area and house color to Sherwin Williams and they will help you or you can upload your pics on their website and match from home. Hope this sparks some ideas for you.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. I love the concrete painted rugs. Here are some hints I hope will help you. Good luck with your project. If you wish to use it anyway, a good brand is Rust-Oleum EPOXYShield Concrete Floor Paint. Ideally, you should choose a paint designed specifically for outdoor surfaces such as patios. In this regard, Behr Premium ® Porch and Patio Floor Paint may be a good choice.

Choosing the Best Paint for Concrete Patios - Gardenerdy

https://gardenerdy.com/painting-concrete-patios-choosing-best-paint

• Janna Lynch

Thank you very much! I will keep that in mind as I take on this project!