Natalie
Natalie
  • New Kent, VA

How do I promote growth for my bat flower?

AliceNataliePeggy Burnette

I purchased this plant through thé mail. It had 3 leaves to start with. I am down to 2 leaves and it had not brown at all.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Natalie, what a cool flower. Here are some instructions on caring for you bat flower. Good luck

How do you take care of a bat plant?

Soil should be light and retain moisture but never allowed to get soggy. Try making your own potting mix by adding perlite and vermiculite to a good peat based soil.Plants growing outdoors benefit from sand in the soil, just not too much. Bat flower info says the plant should be allowed to dry out during dormancy.Nov 22, 2016

Bat Flower Info: How To Grow Bat Flower Plants

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../flowers/bat-flower/growing-bat-flowers.htm

• Natalie

Thank you so much! I will have to change the potting soil. I hope that works :)

• Alice

How to care for bat flower?

Soil should be light and retain moisture but never allowed to get soggy. Try making your own potting mix by adding perlite and vermiculite to a good peat based soil. Plants growing outdoors benefit from sand in the soil, just not too much. Bat flower info says the plant should be allowed to dry out during dormancy.