Deb
Deb

How to hang pictures on a dormer ceiling?

DebLauren of Mom Home GuideJoseph Glackin
+2

Apartment is small with dormered ceilings. Really want to hang pictures safely

• Joyce Holden

I would get the heavy duty command picture hanging strips. It has two loop type pieces that have adhesive on each loop piece. You first press the two loop pieces together, then onto your picture. Then you peel the wax paper off the ones that go on the wall and press it to the wall where you want the picture. One sticky side goes to the wall and the other sticky side goes on each corner of the painting. So even at an angle, the picture stays in place but doesn't damage the wall.

• Joseph Glackin

Command strips.

• Deb

Thank you. I have used the command strips and they have worked well for me. This is for my daughters first apartment. She used the command strips at home in her bedroom. After a while they came loose and the pictures fell. (Mom here is thinking maybe the surfaces weren't prepared as they should have been? ) I appreciate your help!

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I use Command Strips. I always use an extra set of Command Strips on either side of the frame. (4 sets total.) That way it’s unlikely the frame would fall down.

• Deb

Great idea thanks!!