Joann Reusing
Joann Reusing
  • Easton, MD

How do I apply my shells to my soap dispenser for a cleaner look?

WilliamTedwardJanet

So, I've been looking for a way to upgrade my soap dish and toothbrush holder because the one's I want are so expensive...like 50.00 for the set! And although I've come up with this cute coastal idea, I'm not getting the clean result I want with the glue. Currently, I'm using glue with a glue gun to attach my shell, but would like to try something for a more professional look. Thanks for any and all input:)

q how do i apply my shells to my soap dispenser for a cleaner look

This is my end result... not bad, but could be better.

• Janet

hot glue?

• Tedward

Hi Joann,

Your best bet is to used clear silicone. That makes it waterproof and almost invisible. I find the glue gun glue doesn't like to stick to smooth surfaces very well. Glue it where the shells contact your jar. Give it at least 24 hours to set up. Buy it in a caulking tube so you can touch up the places where the shells don't come in contact with your jar. Use dish soap in warm water to wet the silicone down a little to smooth it out with your finger.

E6000 glue.