Shelly L Nemeth
Shelly L Nemeth
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Gilbert, AZ

Afternoon Spa Pad

$69

Well here goes nothing! My daughter bought a spa and I didn’t want it on my pool decking so I went down to Lowe’s to check out the pavers they had, to make a small patio space. I picked up some 11.7” x 11.7" pavers. I also picked up some sand and decided I’d make a spa pad. Let's see how this goes!

afternoon spa pad

First, I removed all of the rocks in the area, and gt it ready to pace the pavers. ( I decided to use 64 pavers, 8 rows of 8 pavers)

afternoon spa pad

afternoon spa pad

I then loosened the dirt, and wet it a bit because it was packed so tight! I dug about an inch because I want to the pavers to be even with the ground.

afternoon spa pad

I then spread the sand and leveled it with my level.

afternoon spa pad

Once I was ready to lay down the pavers, I used a T square and level to la my first row pf pavers. This way it would be as straight as possible.

afternoon spa pad

If the paver was too low or too high, I'd add or remove sand where necessary.

afternoon spa pad

I used a rubber mallet, but be careful not to hit down too hard, they can break.

afternoon spa pad

Then I used a bag of sand and covered the top to fill in all the lines and cracks.

afternoon spa pad

My spa fits perfectly. This job wasn’t too hard and it took only about 5 hours. It works!

afternoon spa pad

This project only cost me $69! I can see how this would have costed more if I hired someone to do it. Go ahead and give it a try yourself!

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/148871301967379

• Alicia

Curious do you think this method is good to do for laying an area for a patio set? The book I read said I have to dig like 6in down. And all I need is to keep my table and chairs from sinking in the ground.

• Shelly L Nemeth

Yes it’s be good for that and depending where you live how far you’ll dig and how you’ll pack the dirt and sand ask your local hardware store

• Lisa

That looks great! Where did the spa come from? It’s a great size!

• Victoria
    2 hours ago

Great job Shelley. ❤ ive been looking at that spa myself. How is it??