How to get rid of a scorpions nest?

Lucy Marie BernierBetsyMogie
+1

Home remedies anyone?

• Mogie

Damp burlap bags help to lure critters from the places they’re hiding in. All you should do is dampen the bags and place them in the center of the floor just before you’re going to bed. As it is moist and seems to be a nice place to hide in, the bag attracts scorpions. When the morning comes, just squish them.

Boric acid – another variant of getting rid of scorpions. Its powder form is used for dusting cracks, crevices, and hard-to-reach areas. Normally it adheres to the legs of critters and works as a powerful natural insecticide.

Glue boards – this variant is simple, but impactful. When scorpions walk, they follow walls. Just pick the corners and place glue traps there. Put them in closets as well, as these are perfect places for daylight hiding.

• Lucy Marie Bernier

Thanks I'll give this my friend

Yikes Lucy! By the way, I named my car Lucy! :) if you or your friend have the room and can have them, a chicken is the best way to get rid of them. If not, then try Boric acid. It's readily available in most homes and is one of the best home remedies to get rid of scorpions. Just sprinkle Boric acid generously at all the suspected places and wait for them to disappear. However, keep kids and pets away from this. Boric acid (borax) is non-toxic to humans but is actually deadly to most insects and pests. When ingested, it damages their exoskeleton and affects their nervous system eventually killing them. The white borax powder can also be sprinkled in the soil and around the plants to prevent their invasion in these areas.

Finally, one of the best home remedies to get rid of scorpions is to have plants that repel them. Grow lavender plants in and around your home in large numbers to ward off the dreaded creature. Scorpions dislike the smell of lavender making it difficult for them to thrive in places where these are planted. Besides, lavender provides a fresh fragrance to make your home a wonderful place to relax. Good luck and hope this all helps.

• Lucy Marie Bernier

My friends scorpions nest is outside home near the house. I will most definitely pass this unto my friend ! Thanks for the info.

Hey Betsy, what kind of car you used my name on... lol