Restyling Bathroom Furniture With Industrial Style Look DIY

$60

I had to buy a new piece of furniture to fit in my bathroom, but i didn't want to buy a classic bathroom vanity and i because of i really love industrial simple and essential style , i've decided to build it on my own.

I've decided to start from materials i already had in my garage that were

1. some IKEA bed slats made with pine wood,
  2. some scrap pieces from plumbing system of my home
  3. and my grandmother's old mirror.

For this project i have also welded some piece for the metal supports for some shelves.

Whereas the materials i hold i've estimated to make 3 different shelves, a mirror frame, a towels holder and a toilet paper holder.

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS BUILD

TAKE A LOOK AT MY INSTAGRAM PROFILE FOR MORE AND THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.

VCRAFT CUSTOM CREATION

First step is take the bed slats and cut them at the size because they don't need any pre-steps in the woodworking, they are at the same thickness so i need just to cut in lenght and glueing multiple piece to create the width i want for the shelves.

After this i create their respective supports from plumbing pipe welding on them some metal plates which i can use them to secure wood on the supports with screws.

Important part is to clean very well the pipes from any oil rests if , like i do, you want to paint pipe with some varnish.

This is the bottom shelf that will hold also the morror frame. I temporally hold the supports to my bench to see how the shelf fits on them. And it looks good

Then i repeat the process for the top shelf that despite the bottom one ,has an angled support because it fits on different walls in the bathroom.

The third one is kind of column of shelf that i obtain from two bed slats glued together and cut in three pieces in lenght. To stabilize the single shelf i decide to add two opposite smaller pipe pieces and a single pipe cap on the top shelf just to complete the immaginary zig-zag path of the plumbing.

Than i build the toilet paper holder with a little incorporated shelf.

Before installing everything i paint the wood part with a water based stain in three coats and for pipes i use micaceous antique black paint with low grit finishing that give to the pieces a kind of rusty touch.

Than i set everything in place.

After have mounted everything i add a towel holder and some

adjustable wall spotlights matched with varnish color.

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/vcraftcustomcreations/?hl=it