Stenciled Tile Floor

7 materials
$80

I fell in love with the look of cement tiles, but they are SO expensive. After searching around I discovered the concept of painting your existing tile and decided to give it a shot. I am in LOVE with the results!

Before starting the project, I made sure the floor was cleaned thoroughly.

Once that was done I did two coats of zinser bullseye primer.

Next, I did two coats of rustoleum chalked paint in charcoal.

Once that dried it was time to start stenciling! I used rustoleum chalked paint in linen white. I decided to stencil all the space where I could use the full stencil first. (You can see this step in the photo) Once that was dried, I went back in and stenciled all the areas where I would have to bend the stencil.

For my final step, I sealed the floor with 6 thin coats of polycrilic. I aired on the side of cautious as far sealing goes because this is a very high traffic area in our home.

After roughly 3 months of regular everyday use, the floor is still as beautiful as the first day it was finished!

The stencil I used is the ‘maestro’ tile stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 20 questions

Comments

2 of 106 comments
Next