Molly Perser
Molly Perser
  • Hutchinson, KS

What can I use to make garden mosaic balls?

Linda (burlap+blue)Simple Decorating TipsDarlene Williman
+2

I want to make a few garden mosiac balls. What do I use?

• Kelli L. Milligan

Some people use old bowling balls

• Em

You can make them out of cement filling a beach ball or glass globe from an old lamp shade. When the cement has cured break the glass shade off lightly tapping with a hammer, gloves AND GOGGLES. Glue you mosaic pieces on with E6000. Same with the beach ball. I cut a hole in the top and loaded in the cement. Place in a pan of sand that you make a rounded indentation in so the bottom isn't so flat. Glue on mosaic chips and enjoy.

• Darlene Williman

I saw a dyi listing a while back that used a balloon and paper machae The wrapped the balloon in the paper machae and let it dry then the covered it with their preferred covering and varnished it. Looked pretty good as they cut off the lower half so that it was flat and set on their stand. Sorry about the spelling of paper machae not sure what it should be and nothing I tried worked.

• Simple Decorating Tips

I've seen it where they used old bowling balls and covered them with the mosaic. Neat idea!