J Brown
J Brown

Help me pick main house color see 2nd picture

Kathleen WalkerJ BrownClay B
+7

We need to repaint our house. I still love our current palette but am hoping for the money to to consider an update. Since we painted last we replaced the old bronze windows for the white double pane and sprung for the pavers. The bands will be a lighter off white to flow better into the window frames and the accent color is soft coral pop. By the way my favorite color is green.Home talkers what do you think?

q repainting the house want new colors

current colors

q repainting the house want new colors

left is grayer, the dark green and between them is the same color as by the downspout.

I slapped a lighter color on the bands to get rid of the current yellow.

• Kelli L. Milligan

I like the green closest to window. Love it.

• Darlene Williman

I'm partial to sage green myself. And that is what your house looks like so I guess I'm not much help. I myself would like the Sage green walls, white trim and darker green (forest maybe) accents over top. Maybe shutters in the darker green.

• Shore grandmom

I also like the green next to the window.

• Ellis

I like the green next to the window, too.

• Bonnie

I prefer the darker green.

• Ezmee

white is better makes the home bigger more relaxed and better more tranquility fits right in and the trims can be a soft gentle light blue.

• Recreated Designs

I love the green closest to the window as well. It has a hint of grey and grey with black and white is always such a classic look.

• Clay B

I always recommend choosing a Historical Color. Most brands, like Benjamin Moore, have a Historical Color collection. You don't have to have an historical house to use them. I recommend because the colors are tried and true, and always look good. Sometimes you find a great color, even by using samples as you have done, but when you paint the whole thing, your results vs expectations can be quite different. I always use them, both inside and out. The color charts will often have suggested main color and trim color combinations that go well together. Maybe take the color you like best so far, or other Hometalkers, and see if it's close to an historical color. May only be slightly different, but would be a bit safer when the whole house is painted.

• J Brown

I appreciate the input and hoping for more in the next few days. We had the paint store consultant come out to the house and we had actually chosen the lighter grey tone closest the window but when I got the sample can, real life was much grayer than I expected and after several days it has not grown on me.

PLEASE keep expressing your opinions!

• Kathleen Walker

I really like the sample closet to the down spout. It is soft, clean and fresh. It also would look good with the coral you mentioned.