Brenda
Brenda
  • Covington, TN

How to match the chalk paint finish to cover scratches on a dresser?

MeganKelli L. MilliganFiddledd224

We bought a dresser and chest from a lady that mixed ivory chalk paint and mineral chalk paint together to paint them. When we put the chest in the truck it got scratched in a few very noticeable places. We have been trying to match what she did but can’t get the right combination. Should we just give up and do just one color. The lady said she just mixed until she got the color. She can’t tell us the amounts. We have been trying for two weeks.

• Fiddledd224

I would collect many paint chip cards at your paint store that are in the same color family and narrow it down to the closest match. Buy the smallest amount you can and dab it into the scratches with the smallest amount of paint it takes to just cover them. Try a fine bristle brush or a toothpick.

• Kelli L. Milligan

I'd just start over.

• Megan

When I resell furniture I put a small amount of the paint in a "to go" container for the client incase if ever gets a scratch. Is there anyway she can mix you a small amount for touch ups?

also do you know what brand she used?