An Easy to Build Modern Address Sign

$30

My son just bought his very first home and as a housewarming gift, I wanted to make him a sign with his house numbers on it. He's a very minimalistic king of guy, so the sign had to reflect his style and the plans he has for his home!

The sign features modern numbers, a stained base with a painted frame, and a succulent in a pot that is held in place with a large pipe clamp.

After I stained the base (the size is based on the numbers used), I positioned the template for the numbers on the base so I can mark the position for the post holes because the numbers stand away from the surface. I also cut narrow strips of wood that I painted white as a frame for the base (see the blog post for more information).

I added a large pipe clamp to the base so that the pot with this simple succulent could be part of the sign, yet be secure.

I mounted the address sign near his front door while he was out of town so that way he came home to a surprise!

Cher @ Designs By Studio C