Nadine Mortensen
Nadine Mortensen
  • Audubon, IA

Do you have an idea for a pantry doorway curtain?

FlipturnNadine MortensenSimple Decorating Tips
+7

• Ellis

You don't say what the doorway's width is, but I'd consider a cloth shower curtain. If that size is way too big, you could easily downsize it to what you need. There are so many beautiful designs available now, and the curtain would be durable and very easy to launder.

• Pick one that coordinates with your decor. Or use a tension rod and curtain clips and head over to any well stocked fabric shop and purchase a length or two. You might have better luck at a fabric store as more patterns and colors are available. Or use painters cotton drop cloth from any hardware or home improvement center. You can stencil or embellish as you desire.

• Linda (burlap+blue)

consider using a tension rod and a shower curtain!

• Simple Decorating Tips

A strong tension rod, like used in a shower, with a drapery panel.

• Flipturn

I would hang the curtain rod from the ceiling. Hanging it anywhere on, or inside the door frame is going impede on the clearance that you have going in and out of the pantry, and will avoid making hole in your doorway trim or drywall.

• Nadine Mortensen

Thanks to each of you! Wayfair has wooden beaded curtains...I know, very old, hippie era..but they don't look like the glass beads from back then. Opinions? Close to the end of a whole house project; our spending got completely away from us! Doors are pricey-- we've bought a lot of them!

• Your house, get them if you love them! Being a party pooper, think about cleaning them, as in a kitchen they will eventually get soiled. A length of fabric you can toss in the washing machine, beads, not so much.

I know what you mean, when my girlfriend built her house from the ground up, we had to choose lots and lots of doors. The house is a Craftsman / Frank Lloyd Wright inspired structure. That cut the search down a lot to stay true to the style. We needed 6 exterior doors, 2 oversized garage doors, 19 interior doors on the main level and 8 on the second level. I think I counted right . . . It was a lot of doors and a lot of money. All those doors need hinges and hardware . . . If you are not ready for that price tag, it can be overwhelming.

• Flipturn

"Eventually everything old is new again!"

If you like the look of wooden beads, go for it.