How To Create A Simple Indoor Herb Garden

$20

After getting started with a new health regime, I became very interested in growing my own plants and produce. However, my home has a severe lack of outdoor space, so I decided to focus on herbs instead.

Some of my friends have indoor herb gardens so I knew it was a possibility, but I knew nothing about how to start one and I didn’t really want to spend too much money on it. I did a little research online and formulated a plan of how to make my own, compact herb garden.Personally, I’m really happy with how it turned out, so I thought I’d share it, in case anyone is interested in making one too! So here goes…

Step One: Gather Some Materials

When you first begin building your herb garden, you’re going to need to head to the hardware store and pick up a few things. The most important things you’ll need to buy include:

• A Florescent light fixture with a grow light bulb
  • A Windowsill Herb Garden Kit
  • Something to attach your light to your blinds such as velcro or cable ties

Step Two: Assemble Your Kit

Once you’ve purchased your kit and your materials, you can then go ahead and assemble your kit. My kit came with pots, a windowsill rack, some seeds and some dried out potting soil which I needed to rehydrate in order to plant my seeds. I bought this kit from home depot, but if you can't find one, you can put one together yourself quite easily using pots and soil from any garden center.

Step 3: Install Your Light

Once my seeds we’re ready to grow, I then worked on fixing up my grow light. What I did was fix the light to the bottom of my window blinds using velcro, but you could also use some cable ties. I found this was really useful as it meant I could adjust the height and angle of the blinds to help the herbs grow more effectively.

Step 4: Choose Your Favorite Herbs and Get Growing

In my opinion, this is the most exciting part of the process. Once you’ve perfected your set-up you can start to experiment and choose the different herbs you’d like to grow. If like me, you get pretty excited about trying out different herbs and oils, then this will probably be the best bit for you too!

So there you have it! An easy to set-up, effective indoor herb garden. All in all, the project cost me less than $50 and I’m really pleased with how it turned out. Good luck with your project and I hope you can enjoy your very own herb garden with the help of my guide.

To see more: https://www.cibdol.com/blog/630-cbg-and-cbd-what-s-the-difference-

1 comment
  • Wendy

This post is super inspiring, because living in an apartment building, gardening seems like a distant dream. Now this is achievable!