DIY Watermelon Coasters

$7

These were the perfect little coasters to add some “summertime” decor to our pool and patio areas! See how I used Dollar Tree coasters and some old paper napkins to mod podge these cute DIY watermelon coasters…

VIEW MY TOP 5 HOME DECOR IDEAS HERE

This was really so much fun -- If you prefer to watch my Facebook Live video sharing this project feel free to watch it @southerncrushathome on Facebook!

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

FIRST

Paint over any print on the front of your coasters that you feel might show through.

SECOND

After allowing paint to dry, cut your napkins apart. Separating any layers if needed. 

THIRD

Using mod podge, apply the napkin to your coaster. Apply a thin layer on top of your coaster and then place napkin in desired location.

FOURTH

Apply a coat of mod podge to the top of your napkin and allow to dry.

FINALLY

Seal these coasters with a few coats of spray sealer and you should be good to go!

Viola! Enjoy your favorite beverage outdoors by the pool or on your patio and be sure to use your new summertime coasters!

THE FINISHED COASTERS

These watermelon coasters work perfectly poolside with cool drinks in mason jars of course!

This was actually my second round of coasters to create. Check out these--->>

RUSTIC STAINED AND STENCILED DIY COASTERS HERE

This was how the Rustic Coaster Project started out! I hope you enjoy creating new things!

Life is short... enjoy the mess,

Melanie Ferguson

Melanie Ferguson

• Ingrid Gormaz

Those coasters are absolutely adorable! I may have to do some cute ones for the holidays! One question though, will they hold up with the moisture from drinks? I really love the idea!

• Melanie Ferguson

You’ll need to use about 3 or more coats of the triple thick glaze to seal them and they should be fine! Thank you for trying them out!!

• Joanie

When I'm havin' a get together I like to have decorations for it or a Theme. These are so cute!! Have fun with the goils@  your lunch.

• Melanie Ferguson

Sounds like fun! I hope you make some & enjoy!