Wall Letterboard

$60

After seeing wall letter boards pop up all over Instagram, I fell in love with them and wanted to create one in my own home. This DIY is actually incredibly simple, and easily a favorite of mine.

wall letterboard

wall letterboard

I started by getting two 1x2x6 white wood boards and cutting them in half.

Next I marked the wall where each piece would be attached, then using a level and Command Strips, I placed each board on the wall.

If you’d rather use nails or screws, you can do that too! I was just going for something simple and quick. Mine have been up for about 4 months or so and have held perfectly.

I left my wood natural, but you could easily stain or paint them to get whatever look you’re wanting.

wall letterboard

I used two sets of these command strips on each board.

wall letterboard

If you look between the board and the wall, you can see the command strips.

wall letterboard

Next I made sure to mark the center of each board so that when I put up my quotes, they will be centered.

wall letterboard

Now it’s time for greenery. I cut one of my garlands in half and attached it to the full one so that it was long enough to wrap around the top and side of my letter board.

I used floral wire to secure the two sections together.

wall letterboard

To hang the garland on the wall, I used these gold nail hooks (because they are what I had on hand. I would have preferred nails, but didn’t have them.)

I then used floral wire to wrap around the nail and garland.

I repeated this step in six areas to make sure the garland was in the shape I wanted it to hold.

wall letterboard

I then used the second half of the garland to make the bottom section of greenery, attaching it to the wall in the same way as the larger section.

For my quotes I used Heidi Swap Lightbox letters that I found on amazon. I purchased 3 sets so that I had enough letters for the quotes I wanted to do.

• Heidi

How do the letters stay in place? This looks great! I’m thinking of making one for my classroom!

• Nikki | thebuckbungalow

Hi Heidi! Great question. Honestly, I just set them on the wood at a slight angle. You could probably add a line into the wood with a special saw, but for me personally that wasn’t necessary. I do have a 2 year old who loves it, but thankfully can’t reach it. So I haven’t had any issues with the letters staying in place. I hope that’s helpful!

• Brenda

It's great! But how did you attach the lightbox letters?