Mason Jar Rustic Vase

$10

I made an encasement for mason jars to be used as a vase. I stained the wood using a new painting technique, check it out!

Start off with four pieces of wood cut at 5.5x5.5

I began by clamping a board down to the table to make a circle using my hole-saw.

Find the center point in the block, and mark it with a pencil. Place the bit there, and begin cutting the hole.

Then sand down all of the pieces.

Next step is to begin painting! Lightly dry brush some paint ( I used Blackberry House color warm milk) across the board.

Don't paint on too much! The spots of paint will prevent the stain from seeping in, which in small doses will look great!

Let the paint dry. Then brush on a layer of stain, it looks so cool!

Next step is to lightly hit the edges with a sander.

Place the pieces of wood around the mason jar, and begin stapling the box together.

This how it looks!

And then add some flowers into your vase.

Love the distressed look!

How awesome does that look? Check out more projects at my Facebook page, Gilbert Marketplace.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts

• Tom Stuart

Very imaginative and easy to do. I like the staining technique you used with the colored undercoat.I just made one of these with the hole in the top of it sized for a clay pot. Your wooden base makes it stable and the pot can be changed according to what is in bloom. Thank you for posting it.

• Michelle

Shelly! What a great idea! I have some of my grandmother's mason jars and this project would be a perfect way to display them and protect them at the same time. She was an avid gardener, so I know she would approve of using them for flowers   btw, I live in Mesa...hi, neighbor