You can try the old saltwater and vinegar spray, but eventually the roots will have to be killed and dug up. And poison oak, ivy and sumac can affect you if you are allergic just from the seeds, pollen and smoke from burning the vines. I use as strong a poison as I can buy because my husband and sons are highly allergic. And all our poisonous vines grow on the fences, which I can spray, and I can pull the vines off the fence when they are dead and dried. I wear thick garden gloves and long sleeved shirts and long pants, and launder those clothes alone as soon as I get back in the house. Jewell
Hi Lloyd. Sorry to hear you have poison ivy. Begin by washing the affected area with soap and water. Then make a paste with half of a cup of baking soda and cooled coffee. Put the soda in a bowl and then slowly pour in the cool coffee until it forms a thick paste. Apply the paste to your blisters to remove the poison. Good luck Lloyd.
Hi Lloyd, here is one recipe.
Make a mixture of 1 cup of salt, 1 gallon of vinegar and 8 drops of liquid dish soap. Combine the salt and vinegar in a pan and heat to dissolve the salt. Allow it to cool, then add the liquid detergent and put the mixture in a spray bottle. You can spray the poison ivy or pour it directly on the plant.
I have not had good results with natural products on poison ivy, I generally mow close and use round up. You could try smothering it. If you have it on your skin and have the rash, baking soda paste to the the area. If you know that you will be in an area that has poison ivy, there is a product called ivy block. Works very well.