David
David

What can I use to kill poison oak or ivy?

Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAMary luRed28408626
+1

• Flipturn

You're gonna need an ocean, do, do, do, do, do, of calamine lotion...........

Anybody else remember that tune?

• Red28408626

i googled this not too long ago. They recommend hiring professionals because the oil throws off fumes that can actually kill you if you decide to burn it. I imagine being sure you protect yourself with safety equipment would make it safe. I’ve got several acres that poison I’ve has taken it over. I’m trying to decide where to start and how to get help with controlling a fire. Blessings

• Mary lu

ortho brush-be-gone poison ivy spray will kill the plants, spray when sunny if possible but not when rain is predicted.

• I just did this with my girlfriend. Suit up. Dig out and cut down to ground level. Mark the bags for the refuse service people. Then douse the area heavily with white vinegar or cleaning vinegar. Needs to be reapplied after every rain event. Then hop in the shower immediately. Then wash your clothes. We use old bbq tongs to get the clothes in the washer so we don't get a rash. We do this every year. Never pops up in the same place. Gotta love how mother nature works. We do this every year, occasionally twice a year. Or hire out, but expect to pay extra for special handling.