How do I preserve jigsaw puzzles?

Kathleen Marcella MiddaughMarilyn JollyDennis McCann
+1

• Darlene Williman

There was a listing on here once where the person glued the completed puzzle to cardboard and then framed it like a picture and hung it on the wall if that helps.

• Dennis McCann

That really depends on what you ultimately want to do with it. If you just want to keep it all together, you can apply watered down 40/60, 40 water and 60 wood glue (or modpodge, I think it's called) to the back. you could also apply a non yellowing, water based sealer to the front. For a more permanent fix, you could glue it to a piece of hardboard (masonite), supaboard, or plywood. you could also have it framed.

Hope this helps.

• Marilyn Jolly

I use ModPodge on the back first, I put 2 coats and then put a poster board on it. Let that dry, flip it over and do the same on the front also using 2 coats. Then if you want to you can leave a border of the poster board for accent or trim to fit. I haven't had the ModPodge yellow on me.

I have also done polyurethane on the front. I use 2 to 3 coats.

Have fun with it.

• Kathleen Marcella Middaugh

They make a glue just for that purpose.