How to get rid of roaches?

+5

How to get rid of roaches and prevent them from coming back?

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on May 25, 2019

Powdered boric acid. Find where they nest.

• Call an exterminator. Gotta trust me on this one. I can tell stories all night long.

If you’re in an apartment or multi-family housing unit, it’s time to foam in all the sink drain holes into the walls with Rodent & Insect resistant foam.

If you want to fumigate on your own, this is the only fumigator that I found kills mice too! It’s a pro grade as I’ve ever been able to find. The cartridges are very easy to use in terms of timing.

I buy mine at Home Depot, but see my cycle-breaking note below, as ordering them in bulk on line is cheaper.

Piperonyl Butoxide is a necessary ingredient for fumigation, as it over-rides the insects that have become resistant to pyrethrins.

The key with all insect eradication is to break their egg-hatching cycle. That means fumigating possibly on a cycle like: 3 days, 5 days, 9 days, 14 days.

Every living thing must be moved out for 4 hours & then the house must be ventilated well for at least one hour. Prep work means sealing open boxes of food, putting paper goods in the oven or fridge, covering bedding or washing it upon return, etc.

Open cupboards, drawers, closets, etc.