How can I add privacy to my yard?

+4

I need privacy between my two trees. I look right at their grill and my neighbors when they are on their deck. Any inspiring ideas? Grateful for any ideas!

q no fence
  • FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on May 25, 2019

Could you build a privacy screen out of wood? You could grow vines on it for extra privacy or make it without spaces between the boards.

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on May 25, 2019

99% of all building codes in the United States restrict the height of the backyard fence to 6 feet above grade.

Way to get around that is, build a raised flower bed with stacking retaining wall blocks, 4 feet high, then put your 6 foot fence in the 4 foot flower bed and voila you have a 10 foot tall fence!

• Ouida0508 Ouida0508 on May 25, 2019

If possible plant Italian cypress trees in front of the grill area. They grow straight and tall. Beautiful backyard btw.

• Beautiful property! Where does your property line end? I hesitate to place anything in between the trees as they will still grow. You might consider a stand alone type screen behind the trees. Or put up a lattice type structure and grow fast growing vines. Me personally, I wouldn't want to ruin the view as is. How often are your neighbors on the deck? Is it that big of an issue?

• Val Milton Val Milton on May 25, 2019

The lattice was my initial thought. It's cheap, easy to print or stain. I attached mine to a fence. You'll have to find a solution you like for holding it up. Good luck!

• Mary Dodge Mary Dodge on May 25, 2019

Depending on where you live, maybe some pampas grass.

• Wen20097244 Wen20097244 on May 29, 2019

Bamboo grows like crazy! If it has to be contained in an area plant in metal sleeves. My friend had a beautiful fish pond on their patio. She had her husband plant the bamboo in the metal it grew beautifully but didn't take over the other plants ,fish,and the water.