What to do with winter boots and shoes?

Joy30150932Lindsey A MahoneyFlipturn
+4

• Where do you normally store them? I would clean them, and place in the back of your closet or in a storage box(s) under the bed.

• Do you have an insulated attic or basement? That would be alternative options. I have a garage, and even though it is partially insulated, it is still far too hot in summer to store clothing. Leather will crack sooner, plastics will also dry up and crack or "age" sooner. If you have a temperature controlled garage, that would be another option. Leather should never be stored in plastic either.

• Kelli L. Milligan

Put in.a plastic tote and store in garage for summer.

• Flipturn

Depending on how many pairs you have to store, 'hiding' them in attractive fabric boxes or baskets on above-the-door shelves may work for you.

• Lindsey A Mahoney

If you live in a really snowy location I would recommend the boot try to collect melting snow. A DIY locker system works great too for an entry! http://buildingbluebird.com/lockersystem/

• Joy30150932

Wipe off any salt stains with a mix of vinegar and water, let dry and then polish up before storing. Do the same process all winter long when required. Salt is damaging to leather and should be removed as quickly as possible.