Malan Heyns
Malan Heyns
  • South Africa

Concrete Door Handles

$1

If you are looking for something new and a bit different to do with your old cupboard, why not create your own stylish and easy concrete drawer pulls in just a few easy steps. I love working with concrete! Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to work with. And there is so much you can do with it.

concrete door handles

This was the piece before I got to work.

concrete door handles

You can use a silicone baking tray in any shape that you'd like. (The possibilities are endless!)

concrete door handles

Pour the concrete into the mold, and then stick a a screw into the center of each mold.

concrete door handles

concrete door handles

Let them dry for about 48 hours (patience will pay off!).

concrete door handles

Once the handles are fully dry, you can take them out of the silicone mold. Then sand them down on the corners for a fully smooth surface.

Then, you can screw them into your drawers.

concrete door handles

It looks very stylish and rugged! I love how they came out, and I hope you like them as well. Give it a try yourself.

Let me know what you think in the comments! Feel free to check out moreof what I do on my Instagram account @malanheyns

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/malanheyns/

• Shari Ezzell

How can you add color to the concrete? Is that even possible?

• Joyce T

You can paint cement after it is dry. Grandkids and I make stepping stones for the garden. We then paint them with with desired designs and seal then with polyurethane or a varnish. The paint has lasted years with all the foot traffic on them and our harsh winters.

• Tracey Frieszell

I wanted to see if anyone thinks that plaster of Paris would work as well???? Help

• Janelle

What is the screw pokes thru on the other end? Im thinking of doing pineapppe ones for my daughter. All the drawer pulls ive seen though actually are 2 pieces with the screw going into the pull

• Jacki Vohs

just buy a nut and washer to fit the screw ahead of time to assure fit , I also like to put a little bit of loctite on the screw before fighting it down it helps hold it without it loosening all the time 👌

• Bev

I love your idea! I have concrete counter tops that are black and a natural concrete back splash that is slightly stained to show the design of the tiles. I've been wanting new pulls and your idea fits right into my plan.... thanks. You did a super job!

• Bev

I bought some 5 X 5 inch concrete molds, in five or six different styles. I poured and made my own concrete tiles and attached them to the wall. I then added a dark stain, waited a few minutes and then wiped them down. I just wanted enough stain to show up the details on each tile. I've been very pleased with it and it's amazingly easy to care for and keep clean.